Zucchini Leek Potato Soup is a creamy and delicious soup that is made with a combination of zucchini, leeks, and potatoes. This soup is packed with nutrients and is a good source of vitamins A and C, fiber, and potassium.
Olive oil, Leeks, Garlic, Potatoes, Zucchinis, Vegetable or chicken broth, Salt, Black pepper, Heavy cream, Fresh parsley
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Detailed Ingredients and Quantity
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Leeks||2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced|
|Garlic||2 cloves garlic, minced|
|Potatoes||2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and chopped|
|Zucchinis||2 medium-sized zucchinis, chopped|
|Vegetable or chicken broth||4 cups|
|Black pepper||1/4 teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1/2 cup (optional)|
|Fresh parsley||Chopped, for garnish|
Steps to prepare sweet potato soup
- Heat the olive oil in a big pot on medium heat. Add the leeks and garlic and cook until the leeks are soft and translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and zucchini to the pot, and stir to combine with the leeks and garlic. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable or chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender about 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup until smooth. The soup can be transferred in stages to a blender or food processor and blended until smooth if you don’t have an immersion blender..
- Stir in the salt, black pepper, and heavy cream (if using). Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
A serving size of 1 cup (240 ml) of Zucchini Leek Potato Soup contains:
- Calories: 120-150 kcal
- Fat: 7-10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 12-15 grams
- Fiber: 2-3 grams
- Protein: 2-3 grams
- Vitamin A: 10-15% of the daily value (DV)
- Vitamin C: 25-30% of DV
- Potassium: 10-15% of DV
- Calcium: 4-6% of DV
- Iron: 4-6% of DV
- As a starter: Serve a small bowl of Zucchini Leek Potato Soup before the main course. This will warm up the appetite and add a dose of nutrition to the meal.
- As a light lunch: Pair a bowl of Zucchini Leek Potato Soup with a side salad or a sandwich for a satisfying and healthy lunch.
- Garnish options: Garnish the soup with fresh herbs like parsley or basil, croutons, grated Parmesan cheese, or a drizzle of olive oil. This will add an extra layer of flavor and texture to the soup.
- Pairing with bread: Serve the soup with crusty bread, garlic bread, or sourdough bread for dipping.
- As a complete meal: To make the soup a more substantial and nutritious supper, stir in some cooked, shredded chicken or chickpeas.
Variations (similar kinds of soups with the same ingredients)
- Vegetable Frittata: Sauté zucchini, leeks, and potatoes in a skillet, then pour over whisked eggs and bake in the oven until set.
- Roasted Vegetables: Toss chopped zucchini, leeks, and potatoes with olive oil and seasonings, then roast in the oven until tender and golden.
- Vegetable Quiche: Line a pie crust with cooked sliced potatoes, then top with sautéed leeks and zucchini, whisked eggs, and milk or cream. bake till brown and set.
- Grilled Vegetables: Sliced potatoes, leeks, and zucchini should be grilled until soft and slightly browned. As a light appetizer, serve as a side dish or sprinkle some balsamic glaze on top.
- Potato and Zucchini Hash: Sauté diced potatoes, zucchini, and leeks in a skillet with some bacon or sausage until crispy and golden. Serve with eggs and toast for a hearty breakfast.